Dark Academia Home Décor Thrift Haul

 

This décor haul is mostly Dark Academia/ Neo-Victorian themed.

Close-ups below.


A set of three blue glass bottles. I will probably remove or replace the lids as they are a bit modern. I already removed one before I took the photo, you can see it in the picture below:



This is one of my more Cottagecore finds. My thought was that these little ceramic pieces were to write your guest's names on. I am not sure if you are meant to use some kind of erasable marker? Let me know if you know their purpose!


The Painted Kiss by Elizabeth Hickey, looks like an ex-library book.

In this passionate and atmospheric debut novel, Elizabeth Hickey reimagines the tumultuous relationship between the Viennese painter Gustav Klimt and Emilie Flog, the woman who posed for Klimt's masterpiece The Kiss - and whose name he uttered with is dying breath.


This beautiful domed display of preserved flowers and gold plated leaves is from Hawaii. Not sure of how old it is but apart from shallow scratches on the (probably plastic) dome, it is in perfect condition! It's already on the wall!


A large woven turtle. You can see in the video that the top of his shell can be removed to store things in. He is missing an eye and one of his feet is damaged but I adore him and he seems happy to live with me.


Hand-tooled leather bag I am thinking of using for a fantasy cosplay.


Copper sugar jar with blue glass inset. I am not sure if this will go with any of my other décor, we will see.


A jewellery box decorated in shells. The lady in the shop thought the round pieces might be bones. 
If you know what they are, leave a comment.


My new bark art brooch along with two more that I got in previous hauls. I think they may all have been made by the same person.


Brass (I think) jug. Very solid. I might put feathers or something in it.


I remember reading Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley in year 8. It was the same edition too. It was such a wonderful magical realism novel. I am so excited to have found this and another fairytale retelling by Robin McKinley!


This wooden box with painted coasters gives me vaguely Medieval vibes.

I hope you enjoyed my décor haul!

Comments

  1. Wow, what a great haul of interesting and unique stuff! I have two theories about the little ceramic rectangles -- (1) place cards for guests at table, or (2) if they have a pointy bit, they may be markers for a cheese board so you can write the name of the cheese on it and stick it in the cheese. Love the wicker turtle and the hand-tooled leather purse/bag as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic haul, Laura!
    I used to have several of these dome-framed flowers on my walls, and obviously I immediately zoomed in on those gorgeous brooches! The tooled leather bag is a stunner too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find such treasures! Not sure what I like the best really: Leather bag, that jug, the turtle? I am very envious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the little china plates are place-setting markers. I love the turtle and the copper/glass sugar container (I love copper). Yes, the round pieces are fish backbones - I have seen many spawned salmon and also many barbecued salmon and that's what their spines look like. I think your brass jug might be pewter. Brass is usually more yellow. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Cover to Cottagecore Dress!

Queensland Holiday Part 1: Ripley's Believe It or Not

Update