Polymer Clay Creatures.

Last year I started sculpting with polymer clay. I decided to make miniature animals because I loved the miniatures I've been collecting from Koki Craft. She uses traditional clay but I wanted to try it with polymer as I can bake it at home and don't need a kiln. 

I'm really enjoying learning how to make things with it. At the moment I'm using white polymer clay from Kmart. This has a soft texture which I like as I find harder ones a bit hard on my hands. I also find it easier to work with than paper clay, which is funny because I used to think I should stick with paper clay as it was the cheapest but it turns out I'm improving faster with polymer clay. 

I have been painting my creatures with acrylic paints after baking. Most acrylic paints work well but a few seem to get a bit sticky. I then coat the finished item with a few layers of Modpodge. Here are some of my creations so far. 


Parrot couple I made for my manager for an Xmas surprise.


Rain frog necklace and earrings.


Frog on a toadstool.


Rainbow cat.


Frog with an mushroom.


Raven with a skull, hedgehog with a top hat, acorn pig, Black Phillip, frog on a strawberry.


The idea behind Black Phillip is that he is a sculpture in a garden that is spotted with moss and has grown mushrooms.


The pastel rain frogs I made my friend Caite for her birthday.

I have really enjoyed making these. I am getting them done slowly as I am still very busy studying. I hope you enjoy seeing these and will share more craft in future.

Comments

  1. These are so cute and well made, Laura! Nice to have a post from you again. Good to know you're studying and working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, Laura! My favourite is the frog on a toadstool! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Cover to Cottagecore Dress!

Update

Melbourne Day 5 and 6