The Steampunk Victoriana Fair at Goulborn Waterworks

My friend Yasmin (who ran the tea duel back in 2020) and I roadtripped down for the Steampunk Victoriana fair on 12th to 13th March at the Goulbourn Waterworks. Because it was such a long trip we only got about 1.5 hrs in the first day, but we got to experience the whole day Sunday. It was amazing for me to be at a Steampunk event again after 2 years! Hopefully there will be lots more!


Me with one of the Brass Harpies
Blouse: eBay
Skirt: Nineteen50 secondhand (worn with a petticoat)


A steampunk inventions display


The steampunk parrot moves and talks




Miss Nimmitabel



I can't remember this gorgeous chihuahua's name but she was 18 and dressed to match her owner. She has epilepsy and comes everywhere with them. I think she was the winner of the pet competition.


Steampunk dogs and their bird sister

Some finely dressed folks:





The crew of the Airship Sirius has got much larger since I last met them in 2014!




Teapot racing: Skav from the Airship Sirius with the Teatank



A closer image of the Teatank (and crewmember Sir Charles Goodwin) from the Airship Sirius Facebook page


Stilt walkers with Steampunked bubble guns




Sadly, I don't know the identity of this talented performer



An unusual pet


Yasmin doing a linocut workshop


This stunning outfit had a surprise...



Yasmin and I on the first day



My dress is from Dracula Clothing


Yasmin
Top hat: embellished by Yasmin
Vest: Spin Doctor
Leggings: Black Milk

You can see more photos from the day in this collection from photographer Holli K.D. Hollitzer

Comments

  1. Looks like such a fun event! Love that little chihuahua with the hat and glasses, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun this looked - I love Steampunk style. You look amazing as do the other finely dressed folk and the dogs.
    I was intruiged by the Tea Duel so looked at your previous post. I think Jon & I ought to try that at home - he's hopeless at dunking biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my blog! I thought it was time I paid you a return visit. The Steampunk Fair looks like a fun event, and it must have been especially so after a two year hiatus. I'm loving the outfits, including those of the dogs, and the skirt you're wearing in the first photo is a stunner! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I LOVE steampunk! I used to be really into it (I did a whole weekend of outfits here in 2012: https://sheilaephemera.blogspot.com/2012/04/wild-card-outfits-aka-geeking-out-at.html).

    Love your fun outfits and how dressed up everyone is! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am excited to see them! I think 2012 was around the time there was a big resurgence in the popularity of Steampunk, I joined some groups in 2012 and went to my first event early in 2013: https://lauramorrigan.blogspot.com/2013/01/steampunk-high-tea.html

      Delete
  5. Your outfits are on point! I miss big festivals. Maybe I'll hit some again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Love your outfits. And I'm totally taken by the parasols--might have to add a new one to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good. I would love to attend something like this. The steampunk dogs are ace!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Cover to Cottagecore Dress!

Update

Melbourne Day 5 and 6