Brett's FAEbruary Art Challenge

 #brettsfaebruaryartchallenge

https://www.instagram.com/crowfaerylaura/

Image heavy post

Sketches I did for an Instagram challenge created by artist (and probable Fae) Brett Manning

Please excuse the image quality, as these were pencil drawings and I don't currently have a scanner.


1. Changeling: the baby has horns, a glow, and is levitating slightly


2. Wood Wives: they left their husbands for each other


3. Sluagh (turning into dead leaves)


4. Pan


6. Sylph, in the style of the ballet Les Sylphides. I loved this as a kid because I am probably a changeling. Vengeful spirits of spurned women dance men to their deaths.


7. Redcap who gave up his life of violence to run a nice death-free hat shop


8. Ghillie Dhu


9. Cailleach


10. Selkie (two selkies actually, in their different forms)


12. Fynoderee getting a haircut at the pixie salon


Bonus: a pixie knitting a fynoderee fur jumper. It is a little known fact that as much as 3% of “wool” jumpers contain fynoderee fur!


13. Faerie Funeral

A mouse pulls the coffin cart while miscellaneous Fae mourn: A shade, a girl with an umbrella who is a reference to Katherine Harbour's Night and Nothing series, a trow, a naga, a pixie a forest spirit, the undertaker and a fynoderee.

Comments

  1. Ooh! I've never heard of Wood Wives. How very intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these. I do not know about No 3. Sluagh - will be looking it up. How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your enchanting sketches..such fun and so magical. I had never even heard of Faebruary till I saw your Ig posts..how enchanting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Cover to Cottagecore Dress!

Update

Melbourne Day 5 and 6