Hat Decorating Day with Caite and Yasmin


My lovely friends Yasmin, Caite and I had a hat decorating day last Wednesday. We took old hats and made them fabulous with fake flowers, leaves and other things from our craft stashes.

My hats:


Before


After

This was a secondhand hat. I wanted to do a hat with lace around it and Yasmin had some lovely pre-gathered lace. I just did a simple look for this one. The idea was to look like I belonged in a Studio Ghibli film.



Before


After

Another secondhand hat. The purple roses were foam ones I bought ages ago. I added lots of pieces from Caite and Yasmin's fake flower collections to fill in the gaps and add interest. I had the butterfly for a long time and it is happy to get used. 

I like my hats to have the decoration slightly offset to the side so this is what I did with both my hats. 

I feel like the hat looks like something you would pay for if you saw it in a store and am very happy as this is my first time decorating hats.


Caite's hats


Before

Another secondhand hat.


After

This hat was amazing! Wouldn't you buy it?


It matches her dress! Cottagecore queen!


Before

Another secondhand find. This was a smaller hat you wear on top or to the side of your head. 
(I am sure there is a name for it but I don't know it.)


After



Caite and I modelling two of the hats she decorated.


Before


After


Caite managed to decorate three hats! She is so good at this! This one matches her hair colour.

Yasmin's hat isn't quite finished as she has to get more berries.


We had such a fun day! We need to do it again!

Comments

  1. What fun! All three of you look gorgeous in your beautifully decorated hats. You've inspired me to do something with a vintage green felt one I bought earlier this year, it's far too plain. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And you're right - very cottagecore and Instagram worthy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those hats are just stunning! They DO look professionally decorated like you bought them in a store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and fun way to spend time with friends. Those hats all look absolutely fabulous and professionally decorated. Plus, you've given me ideas for decorating one of my plain and boring straw hats! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun... oh yes :-)) I would have loved to have been there decorating the summer hats.
    Great results... beautiful hats you have created... I especially like yours with the purple flowers and Caite's hat with the blue flowers.
    Wonderful photos, thank you and best wishes to you. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  6. How epic and fun...you all look gorgeous in those magical hate..I love the purple one especially..but they are all freakin magnificent..shine on..you girls are epic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I bet the time bloomed with smiles. I miss doing things like this...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a sucker for heavily embellished...anything!...including hats! These are so much fun, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Sweet Hats !!! Thank you for stopping by Plumfield ! Happy Samhain to you too !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these are inspiring. Hats is something I seem to collect but rarely wear and I have never tried to decorate one. This is something I am going to try myself. Thanks for the inspiration. Its winter now where I am so more the season for wooley hats but I might have to plan for doing this in a few months time ready for when the weather warms up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Cover to Cottagecore Dress!

Queensland Holiday Part 1: Ripley's Believe It or Not

Update