Sewing Project: Chinese Dragon Bandana for a Dog

I wanted my dog to have something nice to wear for Lunar New Year, not that she appreciates it. She likes being naked. 

I decided to embroider a simplified Chinese dragon onto a bandana cut out of a scrap of velvet. I used two different shades of yellow embroidery thread as I did not have gold. I think it turned out really well, although you can't really see the dragon's head when the dog is wearing it. 


Wishing you a belated Chinese New Year, as this post won't come out until February!
Gung hei fa choi
Xīnnián hǎo

Comments

  1. Your dog is a fashion plate and doesn't even know it! Nice embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! That is a sweet little pup. Well done on the embroidery - did you do that by hand?? Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegantly lovely, fabulously festive bandana with great embroidery. You are a very skilled stitcher, Laura.

    I hope that you both had a terrific Lunar New Year.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a great job on the embroidery! I used to do a bit of embroidery a long time ago. I kind of want to try my hand at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really good. I cannot do embroidery. You did well here. Looks very professional. Like it could be upmarket RTW even.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Cover to Cottagecore Dress!

Queensland Holiday Part 1: Ripley's Believe It or Not

Update