Sewing: Skirt from McCalls M7500


This skirt was adapted from the McCalls M7500 pattern.




I used the skirt from view C and D, which has the ruffle. I cut out the pieces, sewed them together, then simply turned over the top of the skirt piece and made a channel for the elastic. 

In future, I might make a waistband instead, as the tapered nature of the skirt pieces made the top of the skirt a little hard to turn over and sew. Luckily the gathering at the top hid any issues. Apart from this, and a LOT of gathering on the ruffle, it was an easy pattern.

I used a sheet to see if I liked the pattern, and if the fit was right. It ended up so nice I will be wearing it as the cream colour looks good with other Victoriana or Steampunk clothes. 

I will definitely use the skirt pattern again for Steampunk or Lolita themed skirts. I have some Steampunk fabric that I think would go nicely. Maybe with a cream ruffle.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous skirt..so beautifully made. yes the style can be used for so many themes. I just love it..especially the ruffles. wishing you a magical week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very creative! I love the skirt (the top, too). They both look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice skirt! The one and only time I ever sewed a skirt was in the late 1960s when I was around 12 years old. I believe I used a McCall's Pattern too! Thanks for popping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is nice. Well done you! You could use this under the more recent one as well to give an extra layer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilt Cover to Cottagecore Dress!

Melbourne Day 5 and 6

Update